I’m Mehdi Abaakouk, I live in Toulouse (France) and I have been using Linux for more than twenty years.
My main interests in the computer science are the opensource softwares and how Internet works under the hood, and I really like to hack them.
My current job is Senior Software Engineer for Waz Inc.
I co-founded and run Mergify, a GitHub service around automation.
I also do DevOps and networks stuffs for a French Associative Internet Service Provider and Host Provider called tetaneutral.net.
And when I’m not in front of my computer I like to dance on crazy swing rhythm 😁
Here is a quick list of my contribution to the opensource world:
- The engine and website of Mergify Python, Redis, uwsgi, Nginx, Sentry
- metadata extraction of the Collectd libvirt plugin C
- libvirt network interface statistics retrieval for openvswitch C
- neomutt, a text based mail client C
- Core developer of Gnocchi, Metric as a Service: multi-tenant timeseries, metrics and resources database Python, Ceph, Redis, Postgresql, Mysql
- CheckMK fastchecker that removes overhead of loading python runtime on each CheckMK check run Python
- Openstack where I am Core developer of the Ceilometer, Aodh, Tooz, Oslo.messaging and all many other bricks of Openstack ecosystem Python, Mysql, Postgresql, Rabbitmq, Redis, Kafka
- A bunch of python libraries: cradox, cotyledon, pifpaf, … Python, Cython
- Ceph librados and libcephfs Python binding in C with Cython C, Cython
- Official Red Hat Openstack Packaging .rpm Packaging
- Official Debian Packaging .deb packaging
- Disc-air a tools to graph a L2 network (started 2015) Python
- Neutron routed-plugin Openstack plugin to provide L3 routing only Python
- Bird-LG a BGP looking glass for bird written in python/flask Python/JQuery
- Listen a music player/manager for GNOME written in python/gtk/gstreamer (2005-2012) Python/GTK/Gstreamer
- Seeks a social and collaborative search engine , I make the debian and ubuntu packages (2009-2012) C++
- Lullaby a android client for ampache (2010-2012) Java/Android
- CyanogenMod/Lineageos a Android alternative OS for mobile, I have ported some CyanogenMod fonctionnalities from version 4 to 5, 6 and 7 (2009-2010) C/Linux kernel/Java/Android
- Gmixer a audio mixer in python/gtk (2008) Python
Since 2010, I have set up and maintained for [tetaneutral.net]:
- an Openstack cluster of 14 nodes using Kvm for the virtualisation (~180 instances), Ceph for the storage (~100To), and a custom network plugins that uses iBGP mesh network to route public ips across the cluster with Bird.
- that has replaced an old cluster of 6 nodes built with ganeti.
- an mailserver system with 3 HA/replicated nodes using Dovecot and Postfix
- an infrastructure supervision with CheckMK and cmk_fastchecker
- an monitoring platform using Prometheus and Grafana
- some tools like Bird-LG for our looking glass
- or disc-air to map our network
- and everything automated with Puppet and/or Ansible
- and backuped with Borg
I’m taking charge if the regular system administration tasks too.